Simple Spinach, Mushroom, Garlic and Poached Egg Breakfast
Posted on August 22, 2014 by Angelina Patel
A tasty and simple breakfast that is perfect for vegetarians. If you like Garlic, Eggs, Spinach and Mushrooms, this is a tasty treat for you! Feel free to experiment with the salad ingredients.
What’s in it?
- 2 Eggs
- Salad: I chose Lettuce, Mixed Leaves, Cucumber, Onions with Caesar Salad Dressing
How’s it made?
- Heat the pan and spray with low calorie oil.
- Add finely chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushroom and sauté them for about 2 mins.
- After that add the spinach in to cook for another 3 mins, constantly string to ensure all the spinach at the top gets cooked, then leave aside.
- To prepare the salad, I chopped some mixed leaves, lettuce, cucumber and onions, and mixed it in a bowl.
- Then add caesar salad dressing to it and put it aside.
- Now to poach the egg, get a pot on low heat with boiling water inside.
- Once there are a a few small bubbles in the pan, crack fresh eggs into the pot, and using a spoon makes sure the eggs don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Gradually increase the heat over three minutes, once the three minutes are over take the pot off the heat and leave the eggs in the pan for an extra 2 mins.
- Finally take the eggs out onto tissue and remove the excess water on top.
- To plate up put the salad on first and on the top the spinach and mushrooms, then top with the egg. Serve with a slice of wholemeal bread or croutons.