Sausage and Prawn Tagliatelle
Posted on April 15, 2014 by Dzung Thuy Nguyen
This pasta dish is a tantalising combination of prawns, sausages, colourful peppers, and garlic served over spaghetti.
What’s in it?
- Cooking oil
- 4 sausages
- 40g prawns
- 180g tagliatelle
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- Half an onion, chopped
- 250g garlic and onion pasta sauce
- Half a chilli, sliced
- Salt, pepper, and mixed herbs
- Parmesan or hard cheese, grated
- A couple of fresh coriander twigs and leaves
How’s it made?
- Heat oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages on all sides until they are evenly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add prawns and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove sausages and prawns from the frying pan.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Once the water is boiling, stir in tagliatelle and return to the boil. Cook tagliatelle uncovered, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Drain well and set in the sink.
- Cook and stir peppers, celery, and onion in the hot frying pan until the vegetables are slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Slice the sausages, and return them together with prawns to the frying pan.
- Stir garlic and onion sauce with the sausages, prawns, and vegetables. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Throw in chillies and simmer until the vegetables are soft, sausages are no longer pink in the middle, and the sauce has reduced to about half its volume, 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and mixed herbs.
To serve, place tagliatelle on a warmed plate and spoon the sauce over before sprinkling with parmesan and coriander.