Malaysian Spicy Fried Eggs
Posted on December 20, 2013 by Dzung Thuy Nguyen
This dish is packed with flavour and spice and perfect as a winter warming treat. A flavoursome snack that will tantalise your tastebuds.
What’s in it?
- 3 eggs
- 5 chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- Sugar and salt
- Lard or oil
- Spring onions
How’s it made?
- Boil chillies, garlic, and tomato with some sugar and salt in approximately 5 minutes. Take them off the heat, cool down, and puree them in a blender.
- Hard boil eggs and peel them.
- Fry eggs to be golden all sides. Ideally, use lard instead of oil for a more desirable golden colour of eggs.
- Heat oil in a pan and throw the chilli mixture in for a quick stir-fry.
- Finally, add eggs in the pan and fry for 5-7 minutes so that all ingredients are well-absorbed.
- Turn off the heat. Cut the eggs in half and assemble them on a plate with a handful of chopped spring onions sprinkled on top. Serve with steamed rice.
*Image Source: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ztAiqJjev4U/Tf0-alrMQiI/AAAAAAAAAMA/1a3llxSbRwY/s1600/SambalGorengTelorTessaMia1.jpg