Levi’s Reggae Reggae Bean Burrito
Posted on October 17, 2013 by Levi Roots
An excellent idea for vegetarians or those who love burritos, this recipe could not be simpler! Levi recommends to make this meal extra delish serve with Caribbean Salsa and soured Cream!
What’s in it?
- 250g uncooked white rice (basmati or long grain) *or 2 x 250g Microwaveable rice pouches
- 1 red onion
- 1 pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained
- Original Reggae Reggae w‘Rap’ Kit
How’s it made?
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions and leave for 5 minutes with the lid on, to allow all of the water to absorb. If using microwaveable rice, cook as per pack instructions and leave until the rice needs to be added to the pan.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and chop the pepper into chunks. Heat a large frying pan or wok, add the oil and fry off the onion and pepper for 3-4 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add the Jerk Seasoning Mix and fry for a further minute. Next add the kidney beans and the cooked rice and stir through. Add the Reggae Reggae Sauce and continue to stir on a low heat until everything is coated in sauce.
- Warm up the wraps (as per pack instructions) and then grab a wrap, put some of the filling down the centre (leaving about 3” at the bottom). Fold the bottom of the wrap up, then fold in both sides to finish making your burrito!