Posted on July 25, 2013 by Levi Roots
Make cheese on toast more exciting with this snappy recipe from Levi Roots. Levi’s Tip: Ready grated cheese is a great timesaver. Keep a packet in the freezer and use from frozen. It saves leftover cheese turning mouldy!
What’s in it?
- Grated Cheese (4 table spoons)
- Beer (Just a little Slosh)
- Tomatoes (2 Sliced)
- Bread (2 Slices)
- Reggae Reggae Sauce (2 table spoons)
How’s it made?
- Heat up a grill and in the meantime mix the cheese with the Reggae Reggae Sauce.
- It’s traditional to have beer in Welsh Rarebit so if you’ve got a can open (Guiness, Dragon Stout or Red Stripe would be typically Jamaican), then add that too.
- Put the bread under the grill until toasted.
- Turn the slices over and top with the tomato and then the cheesy Reggae Reggae sauce mixture.
- Cook until melted and bubbling.