Garlic and Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
Posted on January 29, 2015 by Cooking for Students
Every college student loves French fries right? They are quick, easy, portable and tasty. Rather than going for the fries at the student cafeteria or a nearby eatery try making your own. Baked sweet potato fries are a healthy alternative that are even more delicious. One great variation are garlic parmesan sweet potato fries. The cheese and garlic give these fries lots of flavor and baking them provides that crispness that every batch of fries should have without the fat. You can snack on them during a late night study session or enjoy them alongside a burger. They can also be refrigerated and warmed in the microwave to eat at a later time.
What’s in it?
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
How’s it made?
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil.
- Carefully peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin strips.
- Place sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and drizzle generously with oil.
- Add minced garlic and toss until fries are coated with oil and garlic is evenly distributed.
- Spread in an even layer and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and turn fries for even cooking.
- Place the fries back into the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until nice and crispy.
- Remove the pieces of minced garlic and discard.
- Take fries out of the oven, taste and sprinkle with parmesan while hot so the cheese melts and adheres to the fries. Toss.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley and enjoy.
In the end you have super crispy fries that will satisfy your craving for something salty. These fries are yummy and the ingredients are really affordable. All you need is a sweet potato or two, garlic, cheese and fresh parsley to add something special to fries. This recipe is also versatile so if you do not have garlic you can use garlic salt or trade the grated parmesan for another cheese you happen to have on hand. Each fry is salty, slightly sweet, and has a bold garlic flavor. These are going to be your favorite late night snack. Just because you are a busy student on a budget does not mean you cannot eat well.