Egg and Potato Breakfast Burrito
Posted on August 3, 2015 by Cooking for Students
College students love breakfast burritos. Many actually live off of them. A good breakfast burrito provides you with the fuel needed to face the day ahead including some protein and healthy carbs all in one portable wrap. This version in particular is very hearty. Crispy potatoes and scrambled eggs in a whole wheat tortilla with a little cheddar cheese creates a breakfast that you will want to eat every single day. Here’s what you need to make it.
What’s in it?
- 1 small potato
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil
How’s it made?
- Peel the potato and cut it into cubes.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the potatoes.
- Season potatoes generously with salt and black pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are cooked through and golden brown. They should be nice and crisp. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Transfer the potatoes to a plate.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil to the same pan.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and scramble until they are nice and fluffy.
- Warm the tortilla in the oven or in the pan.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with cheese and warm the potatoes until the cheese melts.
- Arrange the breakfast burrito by layering the egg followed by more cheese if you like and then the potatoes.
Golden brown potatoes, eggs and cheese are the perfect combination. Who doesn’t want a potato hash and scrambled eggs in one breakfast? This burrito is crispy, salty and downright delicious. Best part is the fact that this breakfast is packed with nutrients. Eggs are a good source of protein, you get healthy carbohydrates from the whole wheat tortilla and calcium from the cheese. After eating this you will be able to handle whatever the day throws at you. You can even add a few slices of bacon, sausage, spinach or serve it with salsa for heat. This burrito is a blank canvas with endless possibilities. Play with the recipe and create the ultimate breakfast burrito for you.