Effortless Peanut Butter Cookies
Posted on June 10, 2015 by Cooking for Students
People think baking/confections and immediately think that it is going to take a lot of work. There are several desserts that do require a lot of effort but these peanut butter cookies do not fall into that category. Not only do they require minimal effort but they are absolutely phenomenal. Each one is super light and airy and the center has this ultra-creamy factor that keeps you coming back for more. This creaminess is a direct result of the ratio of the ingredients used. Rather than the bulk of the recipe being flour, creamy peanut butter and sugar takes its place while the flour becomes more of a background ingredient. Here is how to make these exceptional peanut butter cookies.
What’s in it?
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Vegetable oil
*Yields 12 cookies
How’s it made?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F then lower to 325 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lightly grease with a little oil to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- Add the peanut butter, granulated sugar, egg, flour and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated. If any lumps of sugar form be sure to break them apart. Dough will be sticky.
- Place the dough onto the cookie sheet in 12 even sized portions (about an inch in diameter). Make sure they are evenly spaced.
- Mark with a fork to create those signature gridlines. This will also flatten the cookies a bit.
- Place into the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms are brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
The end result is soft, fluffy cookies with a nice creaminess. It is almost hard to believe that they only took about 12 minutes to make. These cookies are similar to those that you would get at a bakery. The only difference is cost and time required. This recipe will fit into any college student’s budget and very little work is required. For those of you who like texture, do not hesitate to add chopped peanuts to the dough. Another great idea is chocolate. Chocolate and peanut butter is an excellent combination. You can also omit the flour all together if you please. Have fun with the recipe and enjoy the final product.