Delicious Fried Rice
Posted on February 4, 2014 by Dzung Thuy Nguyen
Fried rice is easy to prepare and tastes great as a meal on its own. You can pretty much add anything you like to it to make your fried rice such as roasted pork, chicken and ham; vegetables such as peas, sweetcorn, spring onions, carrot, broccoli and asparagus; or even small, cooked prawns. Just make sure all your ingredients are chopped into bite-sized pieces, and don’t forget the egg! The following recipe is richly flavoured to become your delicious kind of fried rice.
What’s in it?
- Cooking oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- A dash of milk
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 125g bacon rashers
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tbs Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 400g long grain rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 50g spring onions, chopped
- 20ml soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ½ chilli, diagonally sliced (Optional)
How’s it made?
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until the surface seems to simmer slightly.
- Mix the beaten eggs with milk and pour the mixture into the pan. Scramble for about 1-2 minutes until just done. Set aside.
- Add extra oil to the pan and stir-fry garlic and onions until aromatic.
- Add the bacon and stir fry for a further minute, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the sugar and wine, then stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, reserved eggs, oyster sauce, spring onions, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir fry for three minutes, or until the rice is heated through.
- Divide the rice between individual bowls and garnish with chilli.