Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Posted on August 10, 2015 by Cooking for Students
Everyone craves a decadent morning treat every now and then. Students want something impressive that does not take a lot of time and effort. One breakfast that encompasses both of these qualities is pancakes. The thing is, they can get boring after a while. Rather than giving up on them, transform the basic pancake into something special. A great option that does just that are cinnamon swirl pancakes. They look amazing and taste even better. All you need is a box of instant whole wheat pancake mix and a few other ingredients to create that signature cinnamon swirl.
What’s in it?
- 1 box whole wheat pancake mix
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- Confectioner’s sugar
*Serves up to 4
How’s it made?
- Read the instructions on the back of the pancake mix. Determine how much mix you need. This recipe can serve up to 4.
- Prepare the pancake mix according to the packaging instructions. Consider adding milk instead of water for fluffier pancakes. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a bowl along with the brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Stir until everything comes together.
- Place this mix inside a sandwich bag.
- Coat a pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium low.
- Pour the batter into 4 inch rounds.
- Squeeze the cinnamon swirl mixture to one corner of the bag and cut off the tip.
- Pipe the cinnamon mix in a swirl onto the uncooked side of the pancake. Avoid getting too close to the edges.
- Flip the pancakes when the top start to bubble.
- Remove from the pan when both sides are golden.
- Wipe the pan clean before making more pancakes.
- Make the glaze by slowly adding milk to about ½ cup of confectioners’ sugar. Stir until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Plate pancakes, drizzle with glaze and eat!
You are going to obsess over these pancakes. Every bite is so decadent, sweet and delicious! This recipe would be great to make on a Saturday morning after a busy week. You can sleep in, make a stack of pancakes and then do some studying later on. No matter when you choose to make them, cinnamon swirl pancakes will make you day. For those that choose to cook only 1 serving, save the rest of the cinnamon swirl mix for later use. You can just keep it in the fridge. It works really well in muffins too.