Chinese Tomato and Egg Drop Soup
Posted on December 19, 2013 by Dzung Thuy Nguyen
This cloud-textured soup only takes 10 minutes to make and essentially, what you need is 2 eggs. To make it more nutritious, don’t be afraid to make use of stock cubes and meatballs.
What’s in it?
- Shallots, chopped in small pieces
- 2 bowls of water or stock
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- A bunch of coriander, chopped
How’s it made?
- Heat oil in a saucepan and stir fry shallots.
- Add water or stock and bring it to the boil.
- When water is boiling, toss in sliced tomatoes and simmer until soften for a few minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into simmering soup in a thin stream, stir gently until threads form.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer soup into a bowl before sprinkling coriander on top.
*Image Source: http://lh3.ggpht.com/DkcckFyi3b1NuxFl-b7vRab5PeINbyVzBRXYtVW-0v-APKUu5OKHDiu7AwqLUpuS2lz6u0Fufv5_qi1mLgrD=s730