Brownie Frozen Yogurt Delight
Posted on July 19, 2015 by Cooking for Students
After a long day of classes and studying there comes a time when you just crave a decadent dessert. The thing is, who has time to make one? Fortunately making a delicious sweet treat that satisfies to no end can be made in a short amount of time. One of those treats is the brownie frozen yogurt delight. What can get better than freshly baked brownies folded into creamy frozen yogurt? Warm brownies in cold frozen yogurt is wonderful and the pungent notes of chocolate throughout is just delicious without coming across as overly rich or heavy. To make this quick and easy dessert all you need is vanilla frozen yogurt and about 30 minutes to make a batch of brownies that you can snack on for a few days.
What’s in it?
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Fat free vanilla frozen yogurt
*Makes about 12 brownies
How’s it made?
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. As the oven is heating up grab a 9 by 9 inch baking dish and grease with a little oil. This will prevent the brownies from sticking. You can also line the dish with foil or parchment and coat with cooking spray for easy cleanup (this will save a lot of time).
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add all the ingredients to the bowl except the frozen yogurt of course. It is best to add the dry ingredients, give it a quick mix and then add the wet.
- Stir until the mix comes together and pour it into the baking dish.
- Spread the mix in an even layer.
- Place the brownies into the oven and allow them to bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove and test them for doneness by sticking a fork in the center. If the fork comes out with a few crumbs on it, the brownies are done.
- Cool slightly before removing them from the dish. If you greased the dish you can slice and carefully remove the brownies. Those that used foil or parchment can simply lift the brownies out and slice.
- Crumble up a brownie or two and fold into a serving of frozen yogurt.
This dessert recipe is outstanding and super simple. The brownie is very decadent but using frozen yogurt instead of ice cream or frozen custard cuts down on fat and calories tremendously.